Portland ENGINE DIAGNOSTIC SERVICES
Is your check engine light on? Is your car running badly or stalling? With thousands of parts in your vehicle it could be something as simple as a gas cap or something more complex. We can help! We have the latest diagnostic equipment, tools, and knowledge to properly diagnose any problem with your vehicle.
ENGINE ANALYSIS near Portland
Why this is important
An Engine Diagnostic (or Scope Test) determines what corrections are required during a tune-up to get your engine running smoothly again.
- Road test to determine current system performance.
- Computer analysis of spark plugs, ignition wires, the distributor cap, rotor and coils, as well as the oxygen sensor and fuel injection system.
- Check of vehicle's computer for fault codes.
- Visual check to confirm condition of the PCV valve and fuel filter.
- Check of engine timing (where applicable).
- Examination of starting and charging system.
- A detailed written Vehicle Inspection Report.
When to have this done
At your vehicle's recommended spark plug service interval, as specified in your owner's manual, or when experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Check 'engine' or 'Service soon' warning light is illuminated.
- Engine is running rough.
- Poor fuel mileage.
We have been providing quality service for over 25 years
We pride ourselves on being big enough to have all of the same complex equipment as your dealership but small enough to treat you as an individual.
READ MORE TESTIMONIALS »“Been going to these guys for years and years now, since I had my first car (an '84 Subaru GL that they managed to keep running for well past its expiration date). Usually just in for an oil change but bring my cars in for brakes and whatnot as well. They do good work and they do it quick. They have loaner cars if you need it for the bigger jobs. They know I'm not a car guy but they never push me to do a job I don't need. If there's something they notice (which has been rare) they make a point to bring you out to the car and show you exactly what they're looking at -- you're not just going in blind. Also, not that it's something they can control, but they are right across the street from Bank of America and next door to like 4 different fast food places if you need to run some errands or get a bite to eat. It's a convenient shop. They're good guys and I'm happy to give them the business.”- Grant S., Middletown, CT