Cromwell ENGINE DIAGNOSTIC SERVICES
Is your check engine light on? Is your car running badly or stalling? With thousands of parts in your vehicle it could be something as simple as a gas cap or something more complex. We can help! We have the latest diagnostic equipment, tools, and knowledge to properly diagnose any problem with your vehicle.
ENGINE ANALYSIS near Cromwell
Why this is important
An Engine Diagnostic (or Scope Test) determines what corrections are required during a tune-up to get your engine running smoothly again.
- Road test to determine current system performance.
- Computer analysis of spark plugs, ignition wires, the distributor cap, rotor and coils, as well as the oxygen sensor and fuel injection system.
- Check of vehicle's computer for fault codes.
- Visual check to confirm condition of the PCV valve and fuel filter.
- Check of engine timing (where applicable).
- Examination of starting and charging system.
- A detailed written Vehicle Inspection Report.
When to have this done
At your vehicle's recommended spark plug service interval, as specified in your owner's manual, or when experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Check 'engine' or 'Service soon' warning light is illuminated.
- Engine is running rough.
- Poor fuel mileage.
We have been providing quality service for over 25 years
We pride ourselves on being big enough to have all of the same complex equipment as your dealership but small enough to treat you as an individual.
READ MORE TESTIMONIALS »“My daughter was on her way back to school in Hamden when she got a nail in her tire. She pulled into Computer Tune and Lube knowing only that she needed help. They were quick, polite, and efficient !! They plugged her tire and sent her on her way in 20 minutes. I met my daughter there as I wanted to make sure she was OK. Turns out the owner, Mark, was there. He put my daughter and her friend at ease, acting pretty much like a father would! Can't say enough about this place! Great owner and super employees!”- Joanne G., Marlborough, CT