ENGINE DIAGNOSTIC SERVICES
Is your check engine light on? Is your car running badly or stalling? With thousands of parts in your vehicle it could be something as simple as a gas cap or something more complex. We can help! We have the latest diagnostic equipment, tools, and knowledge to properly diagnose any problem with your vehicle.
Why this is important
An Engine Diagnostic (or Scope Test) determines what corrections are required to get your engine running smoothly again.
- Road test to determine current system performance.
- Computer analysis of spark plugs, ignition wires, the distributor cap, rotor and coils, as well as the oxygen sensor and fuel injection system.
- Check of vehicle's computer for fault codes.
- Visual check to confirm condition of the PCV valve and fuel filter.
- Check of engine timing (where applicable).
- Examination of starting and charging system.
- A detailed written Vehicle Inspection Report.
When to have this done
At your vehicle's recommended spark plug service interval, as specified in the owner's manual, or when experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Check 'engine' or 'Service soon' warning light is illuminated.
- Engine is running rough.
- Poor fuel mileage.
We have been providing quality service for over 25 years
We pride ourselves on being big enough to have all of the same complex equipment as your dealership but small enough to treat you as an individual.
READ MORE TESTIMONIALS »“I waited a month to write to make sure all is well and by 5 stars, I'm pleased to recommend this place. Being from out of town (NJ), travelling to our Hartford office, and having my electrical go haywire, I was lucky to stumble on this place. The GM, Daniel, was upfront, reasonable and explained that critters had eaten my wiring... so for a battery/alternator and wires, the overall price was fair, the work was done in the day, a loaner car was offered and used. Dan even stayed 1/2 hour after closing to accommodate my travelling back from my Hartford office. While I never like to spend money, this was value given and received, thus the high rating.”- Eric M., Somerset, NJ