FACTORY SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE
Factory recommended maintenance without the high price of the dealer!
To maintain longevity & reliability of your vehicle it is important to follow its factory recommended maintenance schedule.
Why this is important
Your vehicle is an important investment. Each car's factory maintenance schedule is determined by its year, make, model, maintenance history, and mileage. Let our technicians perform recommended factory maintenance on your car to extend its lifespan and prevent high-cost repairs.
Infrequent tune-ups can lead to poor fuel mileage, rough running and difficult starting. Learn when to schedule an engine diagnostic test to determine your tune-up needs, whether it's a fuel injector service to restore engine performance, power and mileage or fuel filter and air filter replacements.
- Replacing spark plugs with OE brand specific to your vehicle
- Replacing ignition coils, ignition wires, and distributor cap if necessary
- Comprehensive tune-up inspection with a written Vehicle Inspection Report.
Did you know?
The ignition system provides electrical energy to the spark plug. If the electrical charge is not delivered at the proper time and at its recommended strength, the engine will not function properly.
Did you also know?
The warning light on your dashboard is an indication that the on-board computer system has detected components operating outside their acceptable range. This can be an indication of a minor problem or one that may require immediate attention.
The timing belt is a rubber belt located in the engine compartment. It’s job is to keep the crankshaft in sync with the camshaft(s), ensuring the proper timing and operation of the engine.
How important is this service?
Ignoring the replacement of a timing belt as a part of scheduled maintenance, could result in major engine failure down the road. You should not wait for your timing belt to break, it must be serviced regularly.
Keep in Mind:
- When replacing a timing belt, we suggest you also replace the water pump, tensioner, and pulleys.
- If the pulleys and tensioners fail after only replacing the belt, it can cause damage and lead to more expensive repairs. It is therefore essential to replace the whole set.
- We only replace the water pump if it is driven by the timing belt (true for 60% of the cars).
How It's Done:
- Remove accessories needed to gain access to engine timing cover.
- Remove engine timing cover, inspect timing belt and pulleys for needed parts.
- Remove and replace timing belt, water pump, pulleys, and tensioners.
- Reinstall timing cover and all removed parts.Start engine and check for proper engine operation and engine timing, as well as for cooling system leaks.
What common symptoms indicate you may need to replace the Timing Belt?
- Abnormal squeaking coming from the timing cover area.
- If the timing belt breaks, the car will not start.
The cabin air filter cleans the air that comes into the interior through the heating, ventilation and air conditioning system. It catches dust, pollen and other airborne material that can make riding in a car unpleasant, particularly if you have allergies or other respiratory problems.
When should they be replaced?
Recommendations on when it should be replaced vary by manufacturer and how often can depend on how much you drive and where. Check the maintenance schedule in your owner's manual. If you drive in heavy traffic in an urban area that has poor air quality, you may need to replace the filter annually or even more often.
Common symptoms that indicate a cabin or air filter should be replaced:
- Reduced air flow through your HVAC system, such as when you crank up the fan too high and you get more noise than results.
- Persistent bad odors.
- Even if you don't have these warnings, you should have the filter checked at least once a year. We check your filters for you with every oil change!
Did you know?
Ask to see your old air filter after its replaced, and you'll know it's time for a new cabin air filter. Depending on how long the filter has been in service, you might be shocked at what you see: leaves, twigs, insects, soot and grime that literally cover the entire surface that comes in contact with incoming air.
We have been providing quality service for over 25 years
We pride ourselves on being big enough to have all of the same complex equipment as your dealership but small enough to treat you as an individual.
READ MORE TESTIMONIALS »“My car and I wobbled into the shop as I was driving to work one morning. I'd never been to computer Tune but it was the nearest to where I was. I explained my situation (it's wobbling!) to the owner who was there that morning and he said, "no problem, here's a loaner - no charge for that - get to work and we'll call you." What? A Free loaner to a person who didn't have an appointment? wow! Off I went in a very nice ford that was very clean inside and out. I got a call at work about an hour later with an estimate for my problem, along with estimates on my several other problems, including a faulty blinker and missing/broken side mirrors. I had priced out the mirrors elsewhere but the cost was tremendous and not worth it to me, but computer tune offered me a very low price - and they had both mirrors in stock! Now who would think a place called "computer Tune" would have parts, but there you go. My car was ready for at the end of the day. Again, I didn't have an appointment but they patched up all my issues - and an oil change - in the span of 8 hours. listen to me and take your car to computer tune and see Daniel the manager and mark the owner. they can help you , at a very fair price!”- Paula, Middletown CT